APDR MISSION STATEMENT
APDR mission is to work in partnership to promote peace, justice, equality and tolerance in the society so that all individuals can exercise their rights and live quality of life.
- To promote democracy, human dignity, social justice and solidarity, ensure tolerance, non-violence, pluralism and non-discrimination with respect for diversity both within and among the societies
- To promote full respect for human rights and improve the socio-economic conditions of disadvantaged communities withoutjeopardizing their traditional and cultural values.
- To suggest immediate measures for institution building that enhances human survival, social justice and human resource development
- To provide basic education to all without any discrimination of gender and to find out ways and means to increase literacy in the backward areas of the country
- To reduce the danger of small arms, cluster munitions and other weapons of mass destruction through mass awareness, lobbying and advocacy campaigns.
- To raise awareness of issues that affect disabled people and to ensure disabled people receive appropriate levels of support and advice to be able to play a full and equal role within the community
- To work in partnership with the statutory sector and other voluntary organization in promoting equality of opportunity
- To ensure the highest attainable standards of physical and mental health and the access to all primary health care.
- To help the innocent victims of natural calamities such as earthquake, cyclone, drought, famine, floods, epidemic diseases and the victims of war.